Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Five days post surgery, 5.27.2009

Things are going well for Cracker Jack!  He is still holding a steady weight, and is more active each day.  While he is not back to is normal bouncy ferret antics, one can tell he feels better.  He has been a little stinker when it comes to eating his kibble.  Cracker Jack has made it very clear that he would prefer to still receive regular meals of soup.  Every now and then you'll catch him crunching on a kibble secretively, as if he thinks you won't notice.  He is one smart cookie and understands, if I don't think he is eating I'll give him the soup that he covets.


Each night when I am home from work, I let Cracker Jack have some time in the ferret room.  This way he gets some interaction with the others, it also allows him to have a bit more room to explore and move around.

Last night after several minutes I realized I didn't see him roaming around, so I went in search of the little guy.  This is what I found, he was all snuggled up with some of his brothers.   He is using Ozzy as a body pillow, while Moki and BenBen are close by.  It made me feel good to know that even though he is not 100% he was still eager to be a part of the ferret pile.

Cracker Jack, I promise in just a few more days you can move back in to the ferret room!

No comments: